Filmon TV now paid subscription only
1st May 2017. May Day. A day that families go outside, dance around the May Pole and watch children play in the streets. To follow an age-old tradition? No. Because Filmon TV is no longer free!
That’s right folks. On 1st May 2017, Filmon TV became a subscription-only service. This has affected all websites and all apps using the Filmon streams. If you want to watch live English TV via Filmon from now on it’ll cost you 14.95€ per month or 149.00€ per year.
If you load a channel on the website or app you now get a 2 minute free broadcast followed by a message saying you need to subscribe and login.
We wonder how long Filmon will survive at these prices – let’s be honest, 15€ per month is over half the cost of a UK Sky package and you only get a handful of channels with Filmon.
The internet being as it is, we imagine it’s only a matter of time before alternatives spring up. In the meantime you have the following options if you want to watch live English TV:
- If you’re using an Android device we recommend Mobdro – see here for information.
- If you’re using an iOS device we recommend the TV Catchup app on the Apple App Store.
- If you’re using a computer we recommend using your browser and visiting the TV Catchup website or British TV Channels.
- There’s always IPTV, which will cost you around 10€ per month but will give you far more than Filmon. Contact us for details.
- You could always get a VPN – see here for information.
Failing that, you could give up on live TV and either watch shows and movies after they’ve been broadcast or go outside for a dance around the May Pole.